Friday, June 22, 2018

Rest Day - Can you focus on what you eat today?

"Instant gratification versus delayed gratification. Winners understand delayed gratification. Losers always take instant gratification. 'What's good for me now? What's good for me right this second? What do I feel like doing now?' That's loser mentality. Winners mentality is 'I know what I gotta do and I'm straight-up doing it. And I'm doing it today. I do it tomorrow. And I do it every damn day from here until the end of time. And then I do it some more.' That's winning. That's the difference."
--Andy Frisella, entrepreneur


Friday, June 22, 2018


Today is a rest day. Take a break from the physical activity you've been doing. However, you can still improve today. Can you challenge yourself with what you put in your body today? For today, can you avoid sugar for the entire day? This means soft drinks, Gatorade/Powerade, fruit juices, Twizzlers, gummi worms, energy drinks, etc. Try to drink only water, unsweetened tea and/or unsweetened coffee. Instead of snacking on something concocted in a lab, cook a few eggs, grab a piece of fruit or chow down on some good deli meat. If you give a little effort, have a little awareness and maybe even come up with a plan, then you could avoid sugar for one day with ease. And if you can, then try to make it two days in a row. There's nothing like a little momentum to make a big transformation.



CULTURE
Brazil vs. Costa Rica, 8am, FS1, Telemundo
Nigeria vs. Iceland, 11am, FOX, Telemundo
Serbia vs. Switzerland, 2pm, FOX, Telemundo



TODAY'S REFERENCE POINT

 




No comments:

Post a Comment