Monday, July 30, 2018

Preseason is upon us

The preseason is upon us for the boys. For the girls, it's already started. Be that as it may, starting today I will stop posting daily workouts. The body weight strength training program we have been following is a 12 week program. I have posted the first 7 weeks of it. There are 5 weeks remaining. For those that wish to complete the program, I will post the next 5 weeks in one post. As a side note, I have been putting Molly, Ella and James through the first 7 weeks of this and plan on finishing the last 5 weeks with them in spite of the start of each one of their seasons.

I'm going to channel my inner-Matt Foley here. For those that don't know, I've been participating in the workouts with them for each session so this is a call out to all parents, brothers, sisters, papaws, mam-maws, aunties, uncles, who-the heck-ever. I will say that this body weight program is legit. I'm no stranger to the gym nor to intense exercise and I can say with certainty that if you're looking to level up and improve your health, transform your body and become the strongest and best version of yourself, I highly recommend this.

For starters, all you need is something to pull yourself up with. Secondly, it takes 15-20 minutes per workout 4 times per week. If you consider that there are 168 hours in a week and you're asleep for a third of those (8 hours per night) so that's 112 hours you are up and at 'em in a normal week. Add up your 4 workouts per week for a total of 1 hour and it takes up just 0.8% of your week, which means you still have 99.2% for the rest of your week. So we can throw the age-old excuses of not wanting to spend money for a gym membership and not having enough time right out the window.

Lastly, for the players who have taken the summer program seriously, if nothing else, you've learned valuable lessons in consistency and discipline - the two most important key indicators of success.




No comments:

Post a Comment